Thursday, October 15, 2009

SE...COND..CITY..ITY...ITY...ITY

On Tuesday evening I had my first night of what will eventually be known (in my E! True Hollywood Story) as my "time at second city". I auditioned and was accepted (thank god) into their conservatory program, which is 5 levels of ensemble building improv with an 8 week show at the end. This entire program will take about a year to finish and will ideally get me in the loop with all of the goings on of the community. It's also a great way to spend a lot of money to stand in a circle holding hands with other adults.

My teacher is an old timer/there from the beginning/wrote a book/kind of mean but for good reason/tough guy. He drops the F bomb more than anyone I know and has a shit ton of stuffs to teach me. I was really inspired by the whole night and I am pretty sure like one week from now Larry David will see me and beg me to meet with him so he can pitch his new HBO series that has already been picked up and his ready to start filming tomorrow in NYC with a Strong funny female lead that would best be filled with a new up and coming improviser...named Katie.....

oh um, hi, what? nothing. never mind.
My grilled cheese is burning, I have to go.

2 comments:

  1. huuuuucccckkkkkk paaaatooooooowwwwiiieeee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. key make-up artist. key make-up artist. it's not too early to demand a personal groomer you have in ohio. way to go Kate! i can't wait to come see how well you hold hands in about a year ;)

    ReplyDelete